Monday 13 July 2009

Jamie Cullum and Sophie Dahl


Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Sophie Dahl's spade face or her incessant faux literati witterings but she is, I'm pretty sure, a pure-bred human. Not so sure about Jamie, he could well have a goat somewhere in his ancestry or possibly an aquatic mammal of some sort. Maybe an otter.
Also, what does he do for a job nowadays? I remember a few years ago he did a musac cover of Paranoid Android and was promptly hailed as The Future Of Jazz. As far as I am concerned, you can only be The Future Of Jazz for a limited period before you are simply Jazz. I'm no beret wearing, Kafka quoting beatnik, but I'm reasonably sure Jamie Cullum isn't jazz incarnate. That accolade goes to Mike Flowers Pops, clearly.
Therefore, Jamie, you are punching above your weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment